The 2023 NYC Votes Youth Ambassador Program application is officially open! The application will close on February 24 @ 5pm.
On Wednesday February 15 @ 5pm we will host a Zoom Information Session about this year’s program. You can register for that Q&A session here.
We are looking for New Yorkers ages 14-18 who are passionate about civic engagement, voting, and democracy to join our 2023 NYC Votes Youth Ambassador team! This paid opportunity will run from May - August, with an option to stay on through November 2023. Ambassadors will earn up to $225 per month for 10-15 hours of work. This is a hybrid program that will run in three phases:
• Spring: May - June (Virtual)
• Summer: July - August (In-person at 100 Church Street office in Manhattan)
• Fall: September - November (Virtual + Optional)
As we enter a City Council election year it is important to make sure all New Yorkers voices are heard. Now more than ever we must work together to educate and mobilize our communities about the importance of civic engagement--especially at the local level.
This deadline to apply is Friday, February 24 @ 5pm.
NYC Votes Youth Ambassadors are a community of young people who care about our city and our democracy. Ambassadors will be expected to complete weekly tasks, long-term projects, and engage in regular meetings. The Ambassadors will be trained to become the next generation of community leaders in New York City. Participating in the program provides not only an opportunity to work alongside a city agency and learn more about voting and local government, but also to develop leadership, public speaking, and community organizing skills. Ambassadors will be required to:
• Regularly attend weekly meetings
• Share non-partisan election and voting information with their peers
• Participate in projects with the Campaign Finance Board staff
• Complete a final research project
• Host Get Out the Vote Events
The requirements for this position include:
• Full-time New York City resident
• Authorized to work in the US
• Be between 14-18 years of age
• Submit proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 by April 29 when our program begins OR provide proof of negative COVID-19 test 24 hours in advance of all in-person programming. As of February 10, 2023 the City no longer requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, you will be asked to provide a negative COVID-19 test 24 hours before any in-person engagement. Strict masking protocols are required for CFB Staff and Ambassadors for all in-person programs regardless of vaccination status. The health and safety of staff and Ambassadors is our first priority, and we offer opportunities to work remotely in the case a student is positive for COVID-19. If you are unable to comply with vaccination or testing requirements you may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing [email protected]
• Available on Wednesday evenings from 5-7pm. Our weekly virtual meetings will take place during this time period, and you must be available to participate.
• From July - August we will have in-person programming on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please ensure you are available from 9am-4pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the summer months.
15 members will be selected for the 2023 program. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 24, 2023 at 5:00pm. Extensions to complete the application will not be granted. Young New Yorkers from all experience levels and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Approximately 45 applicants will initially be selected to move on to interviews. The first round will consist of a 30-minute Zoom interview with the Youth Engagement Coordinator. Applicants who make it to round 2 will sit for a 30-minute panel style interview with 3 Campaign Finance Board staff members.
Final decisions will be released on April 30 via email.
For more information about our youth programming please visit us at www.nycvotes.org/youth.
For questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Once you complete the below interest form, please check your email for a link to complete the full application.
NYC Votes is an initiative of the New York City Campaign Finance Board, the independent city agency that ensures local elections are fair, inclusive, and open. Learn more about us at www.nycvotes.org.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy. Youth of all experience levels and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Check out our Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter @NYCVotes for updates!
Showing 1 reaction